What can i use it for?
Vitamin D is good for us, BUT not excessively. Lavender Sunscreen SPF 25+ is water resistant & can help to prevent sunburns against UVA, UVB and even UVC rays. Our sunscreen does not contain any toxic chemical or photosensitive essential oils. We use Zinc Oxide that is uncoated, non-nano, and not micronised, which is the safest & best mineral used for sunscreen, will not enter into your blood stream. It is generally non-toxic & non-irritating (unless you are allergic to it). Suitable for sensitive skin.
As natural sunscreen has lower SPF than commercial ones, it's not recommended to use for tanning.
No doubt that we do not have equipment to scientifically measure levels of SPF, however, through all of the research done, this product is at least SPF 25, possibly higher.
Who can use it?
It can be used on infant 6 months & up, toddlers & adults.
(Below 6 months, consult doctor.) We're using it on my 4 months son though.
Virgin coconut oil - Anti-bacterial, contains SPF 4
Shea Butter - Naturally moisturises & nourishes skin
Beeswax - Naturally protects skin
VITAMIN E - Repairs skin
Lavender - Soothing
ZINC OXIDE (uncoated, non-nano, and not micronised) - sunscreen purposes
Apply onto skin before exposure to sun. Reapply often - every 2 hours during excessive activities.
Avoid eyes area.
More on Zinc Oxide
- Non-nano - will not enter into bloodstream
- Zinc is a powered mineral that sits on top of the skin
- Zinc comes from natural mineral deposits of ore in the earth’s crust
- Effective against UVA, UVB and even UVC rays
- Widely used on diaper creams & cosmetics
- Non-toxic, non-irritating
- More on Zinc Oxide (Courtesy of Badgerbalm.com)
What you need to know?
- Prolonged sun exposure is harmful.
- Avoid sun during the hottest time of the day, which is the noon.
- Use an umbrella, wear a hat & clothes to protect your skin.
- Interesting read (external link)
- Is home-made sunscreen for you? (external link)
- External use only.
- Perform a skin patch test. Apply any carrier oil (olive, coconut oil etc) to dilute further, stop usage & consult doctor immediately if adverse reaction occurs.
- Do not reheat as it will cause all the beneficial properties to decrease. Keep away from sunlight.
- Stop use & consult doctor if condition worsens & symptoms last more than 7 days.
- While most ingredients are generally safe, use cautiously on epileptics person & pregnant woman.
- Always consult doctor when unsure.
- Ointment is best used within 6 months but has a shelf life of 1 year.
- Result varies from person to person.